Talking about barbecued chicken, almost every individual expects to have that mouth-watering thick coating of sauce on the various parts of the chicken used in preparing this meal. To achieve this, all you need is to ensure you a coat or brush the skin with the sauce as the chicken cooks.
Let’s get it straight from here. The only problem attached or connected to the execution of this process is the brushing of the sauce on the chicken as it cooks.
But in the real sense, it is not a difficult task to do, when you compare the associated gain attached to the end result if the basic steps and processes of preparation are duly followed.
As a result of the presence of sugar in the barbecue sauce, it takes just about a minute for the sauce to change from brick red to black. Once the barbecue sauce is ready, all you have to do is to put the chicken’s skin aside, make use of a closed grill for the cooking, and coating the chicken’s skin with the already prepared sauce as the chicken cooks.
The following are the ingredients needed for the preparation of chicken barbecue:
- Get a whole chicken and cut it into halves
- Get one quarter (1/4) cup of rice vinegar
- Get two crushed pieces garlic
- Get two teaspoons of barbecue sauce
- Get one tablespoon salt
- Get a teaspoon of black pepper (powdered)
- Get one teaspoon of paprika
- Get cayenne pepper (half teaspoon)
- Also, add a teaspoon of powdered onion to the list
This is also known or referred to as a cooking approach or method of preparing meat for household consumption or for social gathering or event. This is an outdoor method of cooking your meat.
This is a tool that holds the charcoal or wood. Its main function is to generate the heat that is needed for the cooking of the meat. This tool comes in various forms. The categories or forms of grill include the charcoal powered, gas-powered, and the electric-powered.
You can pick any one of your choice based on availability and ease of usage. You can as well do some basic research to find out which of the categories of grill fits your specifications in terms of quality of cooking and overall results.
Tips on how to prepare chicken barbecue
- Get it right with the chicken: For every chicken half, make sure you cut half-inch deep slashes in the side of the skin. You can make two cuts each in the breasts, make the same number of cuts (2) in the chicken’s thigh, a cut on the leg, and take out the wings.
- Get a very big bowl: Make sure the bowl is properly cleaned and free from contaminants. Once you have a clean bowl ready, the next step is to mix the rice vinegar, garlic, and barbecue sauce in a bowl. After mixing, make sure you stir thoroughly. Once you have a smooth blend of the mixture, the next thing is to put the chicken in a bowl and coat the chicken with the prepared sauce or dressing. Make sure all parts are properly coated.
After coating, arrange all the different parts in the sauce bowl, get it properly covered by using a wrap made of plastic. Once covered with a plastic wrap, put the bowl inside the fridge for up to an hour.
- Afterward, move straight to the grill: Make sure you preheat the outdoor grill to be used. The essence of preheating is to achieve heat that is averagely high. In the process of heating the grill, make sure the grates are oiled lightly.
- Take out the chicken from the refrigerator, and then out of the bowl: Now, make use of a paper towel to keep the chicken dry, by getting rid of the dressing/sauce that was initially applied or coated on the chicken.
Afterward, put the two halves and other parts on a clean plate. On the plate, make sure these parts are seasoned with pepper, paprika, salt, cayenne pepper, and powdered onion.
- Take the seasoned chicken part close to the preheated grill: Now, place the chicken parts on the preheated grill and cook for about 4 minutes. It is not compulsory the cooking should go on for exactly 4 minutes, 3 minutes is also a great deal. In the end, make sure the cooking time doesn’t fall short of 3 minutes and not more than 4 minutes.
While cooking, make sure you pay necessary attention to all processes or actions involved. After 3 to 4 minutes, you can now turn the chicken over to another side, shut the cover/lid of the grill, and continue cooking, by applying the barbecue sauce that remains from the initial application for about 6 minutes.
In total, at about 35 minutes of cooking, the juices should have run off. Also, there should not be an appearance of pink in the bones regions. To confirm readiness, you can make use of a thermometer to check for the temperature. At the thickest area of the chicken thigh, very close to the bone, you can insert an instant and easy to read thermometer to read the temperature.
A properly cooked or prepared chicken barbecue should indicate a temperature of around 165 degrees Fahrenheit, which is the same thing as 74 degrees Celsius.
To make your cooking or preparation much easier in terms of clean-up, you can make use of aluminum foil. Apart from the effect of easy cleaning, aluminum foil can as well be used in case you need to keep the chicken barbecue moist. In addition, aluminum makes the chicken cook evenly without any part being left out.